Cricket Features, News:| West Indies in India ODI Cricket Series 2006-07 Schedule | India in South Africa Cricket Series 2006-07 Schedule | Sri Lanka in India ODI Cricket Series 2006-07 Schedule | Twenty20 Matches | Indian Cricketers | Cricket World Cup Tournaments
Recently in the Cricket World...West Indies in India ODI Cricket Series 2006-07 | Sri Lanka in India ODI Cricket Series 2006-07 | India, West Indies, Sri Lanka Tri Series 2007 in India | India in South Africa Cricket Series 2006-07 | ICC Champions Trophy 2006 in India | DLF Tri Series Trophy 2006 in Malaysia | ODI Series 2006 in Sri Lanka | Tri Series 2006 in Sri Lanka | Top End Series in Australia | Tri Series 2006 in Kuala Lumpur
Cricket FeaturesIndia Cricket Series 2006 News | India Cricket Series 2006 | India Cricket Series 2007 | India ODI Series Wins 2005-06
Cricket News 2007
BCCI and Telecast
India orders channels to share live feed
Feb 2, 2007India ordered sports television channels, radio stations and content providers yesterday to share live telecast rights with the state broadcaster for sporting events of "national importance" at home and abroad. Analysts said the move was the first towards a planned law making it mandatory for private broadcasters to share major sports events with Prasar Bharati, legislation the government hopes to pass in the parliament session beginning this month.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2007
India to name World Cup squad before Feb 13
Jan 31, 2007The Indian squad for the upcoming World Cup in the Caribbean would be selected on February 12 in Mumbai.
I know my batting : Sachin
Jan 31, 2007Having silenced his critics with a classy one-day international century, Sachin Tendulkar today said he had been in the game long enough to know about his batting and never paid heed to others views.
West Indies in India ODI Series 2007
INDIA WEST INDIES Fourth ODI Vadodara : Massive Indian 341/3 secures series win; IND 3-1 (4 matches)
Jan 31, 2007Sachin Tendulkar hit his 41st one-day century as India beat West Indies by 160 runs to clinch the series 3-1. West Indies, who won the toss, were bowled out for 181 in the 42nd over, Marlon Samuels top-scoring with 55. The tourists on 65-3 in the 15th over, but a 65-run stand between Samuels and Denesh Ramdin (40) saved some face for them. Earlier man of the match and man of the series Tendulkar scored his 41st ton with a single in the last ball of the Indian innings as 107 runs flowed in the last 10 overs. Dhoni was not out on 40 in 20 balls, with 1 four and 3 sixes. Ganguly (68) and Uthappa (28) gave India a quickfire start, with a 47 run partnership in 6.3 overs. Dravid (78) was instrumental in two century partnerships, one with Ganguly and another with Sachin. Reported Earlier: The West Indies have won the toss and put India in to bat in the fourth ODI at the IPCL ground in Vadodara.
After losing the last match at Chennai, the Indian team has made a number of changes with Sreesanth, Ramesh Powar, Gautam Gambhir and Suresh Raina being rested. Meanwhile, the return of Irfan Pathan to the Indian ODI team, after being sent back home from the South Africa tour, will provide greater depth to the Indian batting. For the West Indies, the return of in-form batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul will be a real boost, adding strength to their batting line-up. India Team: S Ganguly, R Uthappa, R Dravid (Captain), S Tendulkar, Y Singh, M Dhoni (Wicket Keeper), I Pathan, H Singh, A Agarkar, A Kumble , Z Khan
West Indies Team : C Gayle, S Chanderpaul, D'von Smith, M Samuels, B Lara (Captain), L Simmons, D Smith, D Ramdin (Wicket Keeper), I Bradshaw, R Emrit, D Powell
IND vs WI Fourth ODI at Vadodara: India 341-3 (50 overs) beat West Indies 181 (41.4 overs) by 160 runs
INDIA WEST INDIES Fourth ODI Vadodara : Series decider promises feast of runs
Jan 30, 2007After the reversal at Chennai that kept the series alive, India will be keen to field their best combination as they seek to wrap up the one-day cricket series against the West Indies tomorrow. India Team (from) : Rahul Dravid (Captain), Sourav Ganguly, Robin Uthappa, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Wicket Keeper), Dinesh Kaarthick, Gautam Gambhir, Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar, Ramesh Powar, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Anil Kumble, S Sreesanth.
West Indies Team (from) : Brian Lara (Captain), Chris Gayle, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Ronoko Morton, Marlon Samuels, Dwayne Bravo, Dwayne Smith, Dinesh Ramdin (Wicket Keeper), Lendl Simmons, Ian Bradshaw, Rayad Emrit, Darren Powell, Devon Smith, Jerome Taylor.
INDIA WEST INDIES Fourth ODI Vadodara : Irfan Pathan joins team for Vadodara ODI
Jan 30, 2007Pace bowler Irfan Pathan joined the Indian team on Monday for the fourth and final limited-overs international against the West Indies, a month after he was sent back from the tour of South Africa to regain his bowling rhythm.
Pakistan Legends vs India Legends Cricket match at Toronto
India and Pakistan Legends will play cricket match at Toronto
Jan 30, 2007RBC Financial Group today announced its premier sponsorship of the March 3 "Legends of Cricket Live" event at Toronto's Rogers Centre between world-class cricket stars from Pakistan and India.
Sri Lanka in India ODI Cricket Series 2006-07
Eden Gardens to host India Sri Lanka match
Jan 28, 2007The first India-Sri Lanka ODI that was to be held in Pune has now been shifted to Kolkata due to internal problems in the Maharashtra Cricket Association.
West Indies in India ODI Series 2007
INDIA WEST INDIES Third ODI Chennai : Comfortable win for West Indies; IND leads 2-1 (4 matches)
Jan 27, 2007On a wicket with good pace and bounce, West Indies overtook India's 268 inside 44 overs. Samuel hit 98 and Lara 83 for West Indies and victory came with 3 wickets in hand in 43.4 overs. Earlier, after being asked to bat first, opener Robin Uthappa smashed 70 from 41 balls, Sachin Tendulkar (60) and Rahul Dravid (57) hit fifties, but India were bowled out for 268 with two overs left. Last five wickets fell for 13 in six overs as Dwayne Bravo took 4-39. India Team : Robin Uthappa, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Karthik, Suresh Raina, Ajit Agarkar, Ramesh Powar, Anil Kumble, Sreesanth.
West Indies Team : Brian Lara (Captain), Chris Gayle, Shivnaraine Chanderpaul, Runako Morton, Marlon Samuels, Dwayne Bravo, Dwayne Smith, Denesh Ramdin, Lendl Simmons, Ian Bradshaw, Rayad Emrit, Darren Powell, Devon Smith and Jerome Taylor.
IND vs WI Third ODI at Chennai: West Indies 270-7 (43.4 overs) beat India 268 (48.0 overs) by 3 wickets
INDIA WEST INDIES Third ODI Chennai : India aim at series win in third ODI
Jan 26, 2007Powered by two back-to-back wins, India would look forward to bank on their team work and renewed vigor to clinch the series in the penultimate One-Day International cricket match against West Indies on Saturday.
India Team (from): Rahul Dravid (Captain), Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Ghambir, Dinesh Kaarthick, Suresh Raina, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Ajit Agarkar, Ramesh Powar, Harbhajan Singh, S Sreeshanth, Zaheer Khan, Robin Uthappa, Yuvraj Singh and Anil Kumble.
West Indies Team (from) : Brian Lara (Captain), Chris Gayle, Shivnaraine Chanderpaul, Runako Morton, Marlon Samuels, Dwayne Bravo, Dwayne Smith, Denesh Ramdin, Lendl Simmons, Ian Bradshaw, Rayad Emrit, Darren Powell, Devon Smith and Jerome Taylor.
Cricket News from the Past..
- January 2007 - West Indies in India ODI Series, India in South Africa 2006-07
- December 2006 - India in South Africa 2006-07, Women's Asia Cup Cricket Series 2006
- November 2006 - India in South Africa 2006-07, ICC Champions Trophy 2006, The Ashes Series 2006-07
- October 16-30 2006 - ICC Championship Trophy 2006 First Round
- October 1-15 2006 - ICC Championship Trophy 2006, Preliminary Stages and First Round
- September 2006 - NKP Salve Challenger Trophy 2006, DLF Tri Series in Malaysia 2006, ICC Champions Trophy, India Under-19s tour of Pakistan
- August 2006 - Tri Series in Malaysia 2006, Tri Series in Sri Lanka 2006, Indian Women's tour in England
- July 2006 - India in West Indies 2006, Top End Series in Australia, India Under-19 tour in England, Tri Series in Sri Lanka
- June 2006 - India in West Indies 2006
- May 2006 - India in West Indies 2006, Eurasia Cup Abu Dhabi 2006
- April 2006 - Eurasia Cup Abu Dhabi 2006, 20-20 Cricket Classic Bermuda 2006, India vs Pakistan DLF Cricket Cup 2006, India Pakistan Veterans Cricket Series 2006
- March 2006 - India vs England Test Matches (1-1), One Day Internationals
- Feb 2006 - India wins ODI series, Pak wins Tests & U-19 WC
- January 2006 - India in Pakistan
- December 2005 - Pakistan, India and Ganguly
- Oct, Nov 2005 - India vs Sri Lanka
- September 2005 - India Zimbabwe Tests, Ganguly Chappell Row.
- August 2005 - India's Zimbabwe tour, Videocon Trophy
- July 2005 - Dravid captain, tours Sri Lanka
- May and June 2005 - New Coach, and many Questions!!
- April 2005 - India Pakistan series; Women's World Cup
- March 2005 - The much awaited Pakistan series starts..
- February 2005 - Waiting for the Pakistan series, BCCIs court date, Shiv Sena's pitch attack
- January 2005 - Tsunami matches, Sachin's injury and Shoaib's no-ball!
- Roller Coaster Ride for India in 2004
- Cricket News 2004 Archives
- Sunday, November 19, 2006 First ODI at SuperSport Park
- Wednesday, November 22, 2006 Second ODI at Kingsmead
- Sunday, November 26, 2006 Third ODI at Newlands
- Wednesday, November 29, 2006 Fourth ODI at St George's Park
- Friday, December 01, 2006 Twenty20 Match at New Wanderers Stadium
- Sunday, December 03, 2006 Fifth ODI at New Wanderers Stadium
- Friday, December 15 - Tuesday, December 19, 2006 First Test at New Wanderers Stadium
- Tuesday, December 26 - Saturday, December 30, 2006 Second Test at Kingsmead
- Tuesday, January 02 - Saturday, January 06, 2007 Third Test at Newlands
Cricket World Cup Index | Cricket World Cup 1975 | Cricket World Cup 1979 | Cricket World Cup 1983 | Cricket World Cup 1987 | Cricket World Cup 1992 | Cricket World Cup 1996 | Cricket World Cup 1999 | Cricket World Cup 2003 | Cricket World Cup 2007